· 1936First published information on Spinning Cone Column technology for separation of oxygen isotopes.
· 1970-78Dr. Don Casimir (CSIRO) develops a way of dramatically improving the mass transfer capabilities and conceives the prototype of the modern SCC.
· 1980 Australian winemaker, Andrew Craig, uses SCC for desulphiting of grape juice.
· 1986Andrew Craig starts Flavourtech and takes up the rights to the SCC technology and intensifies commercial development.
· 1986-90Worldwide patents granted.
· 1988 First commercial unit in operation.
· 1990 Flavourtech commences international marketing.
· TodayCoffee processing remains a core application for FTT